Our Little Monkey!

Our Little Monkey!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Sweet Pea!!

Our Sweet Pea!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

GOODBYE LITTLE DUDE-- VEGAS HERE WE COME!

For some reason I have been dreading updating my blog.
Is it because I am SO far behind? Probably!
Is it because I have SO much to write about that I feel overwhelmed? For sure!
Is it because I want it to be updated but it doesn't update its self? Definitely!
So here I sit, so much to write, and so little time. So much to catch up on, and wanting to be caught up.

So lets continue so that when we move to Arizona, I'll finally be up to date, and will not dread writing again!
**SURPRISE to those of you that may not have known! That blog will happen later, but just be aware, its coming FAST!**

So it was September 10th (2 days after being married). A day I had been hoping would never come, yet so happy for the huge step being taken. Why you might ask- was I hoping it would never come? Cause I was going to have to say goodbye to one of my best friends for 2 years.
We went to breakfast with Josh. Got ready, then headed over to the MTC.
I was so nervous the WHOLE time. Being newly married, and trying to recover from the previous week and a half, and not to sure how I was going to make it through the day- I pressed forward.

We took pics out front of the MTC. Tears stayed where they needed to- for the time being.

We walked in...Josh got his tag... and we all lost it.


I literally never stopped crying from that moment on.
We walked into the room of doom (so it was in my head).
Had a meeting- much to quick for the occasion

sang (yeah like I could ever make it through that)

and then it happened.
We had to say goodbye.
Josh started at the end of the line (I was #6).

Please move slowly, take your time with 1-4, Russ being #5- But it happened faster then we could blink.
I hugged him goodbye, telling him that I was SO proud of him, and how much I loved him. Tears streaming down ALL faces, including my dear husband.

As we started to walk out, I told my self not to look back, but I couldn't help it, I did.
I cannot even describe the look my little brother had on his face.
He looked alone, lost and SO scared.
I was SO sad for him. We left him!!
We chose to walk out! He was ALONE!
Why am I describing this WONDERFUL event in this way, cause this is REALLY how I felt at the time. I felt this way for DAYS until I got my first letter.

Since leaving Josh that day, we have heard NOTHING but positivity from him! He is the same little dude I have always known. (I call my little brother little dude- if you haven't picked up on the already) He is SO happy, and leaving to Korea Wednesday!!!

He is SO ready, and definitely was NEVER alone. None of us are EVER ALONE! We have a loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ who NEVER leave us, and love us more then we could EVER imagine! Just look around you, at EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN!
We always have our loving Family as well!
So we left, me in Russ' arms, tears streaming.
I was convinced I was going to cry the WHOLE way to Vegas.
I was SO wrong.
Russ knows just how to cheer me up!

We had to stop to pick up a new camera case (for our new camera).

And that's where this will lead us.

The rest of this blog is going to be Pictures only.
I hope you don't mind, but really, I am not going to give you ANY details of our Honeymoon.
You don't need any!

We took pictures of everything we did.... That can be posted.
So here you have them.
Forgive me for my honesty, but lets get real, this was my HONEYMOON!

Enjoy!


























No comments: