Our Little Monkey!

Our Little Monkey!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Sweet Pea!!

Our Sweet Pea!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

INSANITY NOT ALLOWED!

I hope this blog does not come out as JUMBLED as it was in my head...
While I was trying (unsuccessfully) to sleep last night.
So hear goes.

I need some SERIOUS help!
I am going to list a TYPICAL day of mine, then tell you my point.

5:20- Wake Russ up, fall back asleep.

Between 7:30 and 10:00- Wake up.

(For this example we'll say 9:00)
9:05- Eat Breakfast.

9:15- Power up the laptop and apply for jobs.
At least any jobs that have been posted since last night.
Not many as of late.
Call on any jobs that I have applied for,
that I am REALLY interested in (I have a LIST of calling).

10:00- Surf the web. Look at my Hotmail, my Facebook, and my usual blogs.
Most haven't been updated lately, so there isn't a lot of excitement there.
I also clean up any messes that were left around the apartment.

10:15
- Shower.

10:30- Watch TLC, yes folks, I am hooked on "A Baby Story".
No, I am not pregnant, nor do we plan on it ANY time soon.
I guess it just takes the place of my want for the time being.

11:30- Convince myself that its worth getting ready for the day...
Get ready for the day.

12:30- Fix lunch.

1:00- Russ gets home.

1:15... Now here is where 2 options come into play.
First I'll give you a day when Jeremy (Russ' buddy) has work.
Then I'll give you the one that he doesn't.

Option A:

1:15- Russ sits on the chair, and starts taking his boots off.
Looks over at me and says... "What's the plan for the day"?
Yes folks, I hear it everyday.
We do our regular discussion.

1:20- Watch TV.

3:00- Turn on a Movie.

5:30- I cook dinner.

6:00- We eat dinner.

6:30- Watch TV.

7:00 to 8:00- Go for a walk.
I REALLY love our walks!

8:05- Watch TV, or go to the hot tub.

9:30- Russ wants to go to bed. Tells me I have to go with him.

9:35- Some nights I do go to bed.
(Not preferred after my "OVERLY ACTIVE DAY")

1:30 AM- Go to bed- some nights I don't go with him.

9:40 to 1:30- I lay in bed trying to sleep.
Thinking all the while, wishing I was asleep and listening to my husband breathe.

Now SOME DAYS are better then others.
We have been out during the day to actually go into companies for jobs.
That's slowed down a lot, because we've hit everywhere.
Or cause we have visitors, we sure LOVE visitors!

Option B:

1:15- Russ leaves with Jeremy to go work on his truck.
(Jeremy's not Russ')

1:16 to 5:30- I watch TV.
Occasionally I'll surf the Internet.
Either way, I'm surfing.

5:30- Make dinner.

6:00- Eat, alone.

6:20- Watch more TV.

8:00- Russ comes home. Wants dinner.

8:01- Heat up Russ' Dinner.

8:03- Watch TV.

9:00- Russ wants to go to bed. Tells me I have to go with him.

(Usually he is joking, but I know he can't sleep when I am not next to him.)

9:10 to 1:30- And its goes as before.

Now why am I telling you all this, you may be asking.
Well that's the fun part.

I need some ideas!

Heck, we have been here 74 days and I've done this for almost 60 of them!
I don't think I cant take it much longer.
My eyes hurt every night,
I've gotten VERY lazy,
and my brain feels like GOO!

For those of you who have had BORING days,
What are somethings you did to keep sane?
What did you do to keep busy?
How did you find the motivation?

I am up for anything here!

But let me tell you what I have to work with.

I have a sewing machine- No fabric.
I have a puzzle- Missing 1 piece.
I have a TV- but you knew that.
I have a DVR-That gets used FAR TOO MUCH!
I have over 400 movies- seen them all,
and they are all in alphabetical order.
I have read all the books in my house- Yes, Twilight Series.
I have an SUV- That hasn't moved in 2 weeks,
and has had the same tank of fuel for 12 weeks.
Laptop, Paper, Printer, and Ink- Thank Heavens.
Pictures- Not a chance that I am about to scrapbook.
Sorry, way too emotional right now to be doing that.
A Kitchen- with very little food,
but A LOT of fun Kitchen appliances.
Almost all the Nintendo systems.
A swimming pool that is too cold to swim in.
Colored pencils.
Some days I have my Husband! :)

Another key point:
We don't have money for "fun" and "entertainment".
No, I'm not asking for pitty.
Just letting you know that I can't spend money to keep sane.

So to those of you who have been on bed rest,
Been unemployed,
Have husbands who are always gone,
Kids who are out of the house,
are retired,
or just know how to keep busy with what you've got,
Throw out some ideas, I'd LOVE to hear them!

I don't want to end up like this!
Though I kind of already am.

5 comments:

Christie said...

Jac-- Get up and get your body moving you will feel better. Call the ward and see if they have a work out in the AM. Also see if anyone needs any mending, cooking or even babysitting that can keep you busy--until you get a job. What can you sew? Lisa is having a baby if I ship you some fabric--do you want to make a quilt?
LOVE YOU!

JAC, RUSS, ADDI AND PEY said...

Thanks Christie! I need to get up more for sure! We are going to the park tomorrow to play ball... My idea!! I'm pretty far from everyone in our ward, and I haven't heard anything about that. What kind of quilt are you thinking of? I made Russ' blanket (the jean one) but I haven't done must more then that. But I'm sure I can try... :)
Let me know!!
We love you too!!

Christie said...

Jac- I will send you everything you need to make a quilt for Lisa and another one for Mike. This will keep busy for a minute... LOL.

Love and miss you both.

JEN said...

turn the tv off. or set limits. you get a lot more done if the tv isn't on. when i lived in houston that first summer, we didn't have a tv. and i didn't even notice! i worked out every day (whenever i wanted). i would go to stores and look around, never buy. we didn't have any money but it was still fun to go look around once in awhile.

go to a hospital and read to kids, like the dogs only you can talk to them. or old people, you can learn a lot from old people (no offense if anyone "old" is reading this- when I say old I mean over 30 for sure;) (joke) take your camera around and take pictures, maybe you will get one worth selling. go to the library. i got a library card in houston too and spent a lot of time there. i agree to find out if anyone in your ward needs help. i am out of ideas and need some sleep. let us know how it goes from here.

kaylee said...

You can contact United Way. They are always looking for volunteers. You could go to a local elementary school and help out any teacher. Teachers can always use another set of hands. You could type up all your yummy recipes and send them to me. Okay, I'm out of ideas.