Our Little Monkey!

Our Little Monkey!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Sweet Pea!!

Our Sweet Pea!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

MY BEAUTIFUL DAY

I have a lot of things racing through my head tonight.
Things I want to say...
Don't know how to say them, but I KNOW I want to get them down.

Today I went to a funeral for this amazing man.

I first knew CJ through my sister Jen.
If I recall they were pretty close buds back in the day.
I had the privilege of going to High School with CJ for 2 years as well.
That was 11 years ago!!
I'm sure I have seen him at sporting things from time to time since then,
nothing I can put my finger on.
I mostly remember High School.
I keep recalling passing him in the hallway, and he always said hi.
Who knows if he remembered me exactly
but I'm sure he knew I was "Jen Beasley's little sister".
Ive been know as the little sister most of my life. :)
I am pretty sure we had a few other conversations beyond this.
I don't know if they were good, or bad.
But I remember him vividly in High School.

There is a purpose for all this background... Trust me.

Anywho,
CJ tragically passed away on Valentines day.
For the past 11 days he has popped into my mind multiple times.
Random memories, but mostly feelings of happiness for having known him.
And complete sadness for his dear wife.

Like I said CJ and I probably haven't made any form of communication
in over 10 years, that I recall.
So when I found out the date of his funeral,
a lot of questions came into mind.
Should I go? Do I belong there?
Will people wonder what the heck I am doing there?
I ultimately decided (with the help my little brother) that I should attend.
I knew him, remembered him and did belong there.
I felt pretty good planning on going.

Well when I got to the funeral today all those worried questions came RACING back.
I sat pretty uncomfortable for awhile.
I knew a TON of people there, but still felt uneasy.
As the funeral started my worries quickly faded.
I was here to celebrate a life of someone I had known once.
Someone who had become even more amazing in the
Gospel and life then I had ever remembered.
During every talk I learned so much more FROM CJ then I did before.
In 2 hours he taught me so many things that I needed at this exact moment in my life!
Even beyond the grave he's teaching and touching people!!
I pray that someday I am able to touch people as CJ did me- today.

Of course my heart ACHES for his dear wife.
I cant, nor want to imagine what she is going through...
How grateful I am for ETERNAL families.
I pray she is able to find peace!!

As I posted on my facebook,
here are the things that were impressed on me
-or that CJ's life impressed on me-
during and after the funeral today.

Life is precious!!

Don't waste time on things that don't matter!!

Love like you have never loved before!!

Cherish all you have been given!!

The Gospel is TRUE and we should be living it every minute of everyday!!

LOVE the Temple and go OFTEN!!

Be a SHINING example & change the lives of everyone you come in contact with!!


What a BEAUTIFUL day it was!!
Thank you to CJ for these precious gifts.
There were AMAZING stories told about him,
but maybe I'll blog those tomorrow.
This was already long enough.
I just wanted to share with everyone the wonderful thing I was taught today.

I LOVE my beautiful daughter and dear husband!!

What would we be without family??

We love you ALL!!

See you here SOON!!

No comments: