Our Little Monkey!

Our Little Monkey!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Sweet Pea!!

Our Sweet Pea!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

LETS GET LOST TOGETHER... SHALL WE?

Today work as tomorrow... Right?

So (almost 2 weeks ago) Saturday we
(and our NEW FOUND FRIEND, Jeremy)
decided to head up to the "Arizona Mountains".
We went to Wickenburg for any of you who know the lands down here.
And they really are mountains, just with a lot of THIS
instead of this

We headed out at 8:00 in the AM, and had "planned out" the route we were heading.
We started driving. We had lunch around noon, and about an hour later met some furry friends. As we rounded a bend, about 10 little pups came running out of a fence. Russ put his hand out the truck and they all came running to him. If Russ got to pet the dogs, then SO did I!! I jumped out and ran to the back of the truck. They all came crowding around. They were SO darn cute! Mutts for sure! But DARLING! No one was around, and I was really REALLY tempted to take one! They were so friendly too! Russ said no, I was heart broken... Ok not really, they are someone's dogs, but man were they cute! I miss having dogs around! ANYWHO...
OH at 2:00 we realized that we had NO idea where we were!! A Jeep passed us along the way, and told us which direction to head. He also said, in his direction giving, that our trucks could make it FOR SURE, but most people can't... Wonderful.
So we headed in the direction he told us to go.
Russ and Jeremy were not too sure we were going the right way. At one point we came to a fork in the road, to the RIGHT we had a PERFECTLY paved path, and a path that looked promising. To the LEFT we had a steep hill, a SWAMP, LOW TREES, and a VERY TALL HILL on the other side. Call me crazy, but I recommended the right path. The boys chose the left path. Something about "if you keep making left hand turns, you end up where you are going".. ?? Whatever... I don't think I spoke for a good 15 minutes, all the time wondering if we were ever going to make it out. All I kept hearing was... "If it gets too late, we are just going to camp out here." Camp with WHAT? We didn't bring blankets, we don't have food, there is nothing to start a fire with, and its going to be COLD tonight! We'd go up on big hill, to round the bend and see MORE MOUNTAIN and NO CITY! It was "Mountain" after "Mountain", I was getting rather upset. We were going 5 miles an hour, and knew that we had 17 miles to go until the main road! It was almost 6:00. We knew the sun was going down at 6:15, 6:30 at the latest... There was a HUGE,ROCKY, DANGEROUS hill in front of us. I told Russ that if we didn't see the city after this hill, I WAS going to cry! At that VERY moment, Jeremy's 4 Wheel Drive went out (Jeremy was in his own truck)... I was seriously done with Wickenburg! I had enough, and never wanted to come back. Russ had to get out and hook up to Jeremy. I couldn't wait, I HAD to see what was on the other side of this hill. So I tied up my boots, and headed up to the top.
To my relief, there it was!! The City!!! We got Jeremy out, and got OVER the hills. It was about 9:00 by the time we got to the main road... Thank Heavens for that! It was a FUN trip, but next time, I told them we will have a map that has CORRECT directions, and isn't from the 1700's.
Here are some pics, taken from the day.

We saw a Lot of this...
Parked at lunch
We came across this cool lookin rock!
It looked like a Whale Mouth from a distance, not too sure what it looks like up close...
US! :)

Me BEFORE we got lost!
I really did have A LOT of fun though folks!My BIG HUNK!
Nice face hun! LOL
Russ and Jeremy on a walk... Can you see them?
That's better!
What we KEPT seeing after each turn.
It sure is BEAUTIFUL though!This is how the night ended... LOL
So that was our fun adventure! We got lost for almost 4 hours, but had a grand old time!
In Utah, its SERIOUSLY not that hard to get lost!

So whats next?
A TOUR OF THE NEW APARTMENT!!


1 comment:

JEN said...

Sounds like quite an adventure! you know wickenburg is only like 45 min from you right? haha. And awesome mountains about 10 min. The White Tanks right by our house. Call sometime for directions:) Seriously though, they are awesome with some great hiking trails. Some easy and some hard (when I say easy- they drop off the "snowbirds" (old folks) and they walk with their walkers:)) but great scenery and even a waterfall! HAHA- it is just a trickle of water that makes a rock wet but still worth hiking too:) When we come down that's what we can do!