Our Little Monkey!

Our Little Monkey!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Sweet Pea!!

Our Sweet Pea!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I HAVE THE WORLDS GREATEST MOMMA!!

So I will tell my little "adventure story" tomorrow.
But for today, I must tell of my WONDERFUL weekend!

My momma decided when we moved that she was going to fly down at the end of February to see where we lived! Time FLEW and before I knew it,
she was on her way!
I was so excited for my Mom to come down, and more excited to see her cause it had been a few weeks! I miss home, and I needed a little taste of Rach to help me get over that sadness.

She got in at 1:40- Her plane had some "Problems" in Utah, and after they "Hot wired" that problem? They were on their way.
Russ and I got a little lost (as we always do) at the airport, but we figured things out before she landed.
We sat in a Cell lot and watched to the info on her flight.

* SIDE NOTE: Can I just say, Phoenix drivers are a MILLION times worse then Utah drivers! They don't look before they get over, They come to a sudden stop... then decide to SLAM it into Reverse and just start going, even if you are 5 feet off their tail, they are just BAD drivers!*

Anywho, so she called and said they had landed safely (I had a sigh of relief- since they had issues in Utah). We picked her up on the side of the curb. Best thing I have EVER pick off a curb!
I was SO excited to see my mom! I was like a giddy child right before a great dessert! I got to HUG my mom!! And SEE HER! I was happy to see my mom!!!

So we went to... Linner? It was about 2:30 by this point.
Chili's was on the menu.
We had some great catching up, and then we decided to drive to Jen's house.
To A See where it was, and B know how to get there unless we ever needed to help them out.
This was SUCH a HOOT!! We got SO lost! I think Russ will never take directions from a Beasley again! LOL We hit every dead-end, drove in a field (and ticked off a dog), thought about driving over a canal, and made a lot of turns. Well, we finally called Kyle, and with a little help, found our way. Rach and me were laughing SO hard, I don't think Russ found it very funny.

We then went home, and I gave her a tour of our HOME! She looked in my fridge and got very disappointed! All I had was juices, water, and FROZEN foods. She said we HAD to go shopping, and then I admitted to not knowing how to cook. Ok folks, I KNOW how to cook, I took 3 years of classes in High School, I watched my mom for 22 years, I know how to read a recipe, but I never have the INGREDIENTS that are need to make "Rach quality" food.

So we went shopping for almost 3 hours! Russ stayed home, THANK HEAVENS! We had SO much fun! We got food to last us a while! We even went to Food City (a Mexican Store for those of you who wouldn't have thought that FOOD CITY was that) and got FREE Potatoes!
Rach sure knows how to shop.

We got home, watched a movie, and before it, our first day was gone!

Saturday we went to Melanie and Scott's (our Cousin's) saw their new house (AMAZING) and hung out with Remington! Such a cute little guy!! I had a blast there! Then we went to the Shepard home (other cousin's). Troy had promised Russ that the next time we came over he would cook us a Steak Dinner. So were stayed, hung out, and had such a blast there!
We got home around 9:00. Fixed the meat for Sunday's dinner and watched another movie.

Sunday was church. It was fun to be with my mom at church again! Its always nice to have her around EVERYWHERE now that I am mentioning it! Then we got home and had our WONDERFUL Brisket! That I MADE! :)

We took our Sunday naps, and then cooked cookies! Oatmeal for Russ, Chocolate Chip for me. When Rach is in the kitchen you are always laughing! She is a HOOT! If I could, I would carry her around in my pocket all day long, just for the laughs!! I am not sure if she would enjoy that, but I would! We watched ANOTHER movie Sunday night. I think she watched more movies then weekend, then she has all year. But I guess that's what US Snyders do!

Monday my Momma watched while I made Crescent Lasagna
(she just added little things here and there).

In case you didn't believe me!
We went to lunch at Red Robin, hit Snyder's Pretzel place, so she could take some home with her. Then Momma and I came back and just laid in the extra bed and just chatted. I sure miss times like that! Again nothing but laughs, we also counted our movies... That's between me and her, cause she made me see just how much money we have spent on movies in the past few years....
Crazy I tell ya!

And then we had to take Rachie to the Airport. :(
We got there faster then I thought we would, and I had to say goodbye. I ALMOST cried Momma! I fought it though! I didn't want this goodbye to be as sad as it was last time! But I was close! You were going where you needed to be though. The dogs need you more then me! :)

To Momma:
Thanks for being the best Momma in the WHOLE WORLD! You are one of my BEST FRIENDS! I love our chats, I love our MANY laughs, I love just watching you! You make me so happy and you are the best example I have ever had! Thanks for being SO patient with me! You are so giving, so selfless, so caring, so loving, and SO DARN HAPPY- All the time! Its addicting being around you! I miss you tons already! I am glad you came down, I am SO glad you taught me how to cook, and to show me that its not REALLY as hard as it looks! Thanks for getting me ALL my kitchen needs, even though I told you I had everything!
Thanks for making this weekend so great!
I am glad you traveled home safe!
I hope I see you sooner then later!!!
I LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS!!

On the agenda this week?
Well I will finally put up the FULL DAY Adventure...
Then how about a tour of our new home?? I think that sounds GRAND!

4 comments:

JEN said...

you look so little (I should say young but I feel like little is what I want to say) there cooking in your kitchen. your OWN kitchen. Weird. you are all grown up but to me you are still my little sister. sheesh. well, Mom says you are doing good. Glad to hear it! Hope to come visit soon:)

Christie said...

You do have a great MOM and I am sure she had just as much fun being with you, as you did with her. AND I am sure Rachel made Russell’s favorite salad...lol I miss you both and I hope to see you soon. Russell- Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the 10th day of March. Love you both.

JAC, RUSS, ADDI AND PEY said...

Of Foo!! You are too cute! And trust me, it is WEIRD for me! (to have my own kitchen and all) You are a wonderful "BIG" sister! Although you are rather little... :) Anywho! I love you lots and miss you guys tons!! Give the boys BIG Hugs for me!!


Christie-
You are a WONDERFUL mother-in-law! We sure miss you here! And if you ever get the chance to come down here, there will be a blog dedicated to you. I promise! Send the fam our love! I showed Russ your little message! And he says thanks, although he will talk to you before then... I hope!
Much love!

Karin said...

How fun! I love your mom too. She is great.

Oh, and I think drivers everywhere are worse than Utah. Seriously- I think Utah drivers are bad because they're not curteous but other places (AZ and TX, etc) just do whatever the heck they want and if you're in their way- too bad.

Sounds like a fun weekend with your mom. Makes me excited to see my parents in a month!!

Love ya and I'm glad things are going well for you guys.