Our Little Monkey!

Our Little Monkey!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Sweet Pea!!

Our Sweet Pea!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

AND THEN HE KISSED ME....

I know a while back I thought I was done telling the "how it started" stuff, but then I realized I was wrong! I never told the "first kiss" story. This, again, is one of those- I remember everything- stories, so sit back, relax, and enjoy as I get myself in trouble with my parents.
(I hope I am kidding, but we were alone in his truck, which was "NOT ALLOWED")
Enjoy.


It was April 5th, 2003, the day before my 17th birthday. Russ and I had been dating for 10 days at this point and had not kissed.

(Let me tell you, I never let it go 10 hours with any other boyfriends. I am sure I kissed them before we even started "dating". Sad but true, glad I don't have to worry about those anymore! Oh and at the time Amanda Davis (now Coombs) and I had a "no boys allowed club" going on. We were not allowed to kiss boys, date boys seriously, let boys in your car, or talk about boys, until prom- we even had a "club song" . We had this club for probably 4 months and we were going strong, until I fell for Russ.)

ANYWHO, I was dead set on not kissing Russ until prom, and he knew this. Prom was only 2 weeks away, I could make it... right? That is what I thought too. It was a Saturday night, Russ came and got me in his "Beast" and we drove to our regular spot up to Rock Canyon Park. We parked up high where you can look over the valley, and where if you are just right, you can see the top of the Temple, and we just started talking. (Nothing was going on I swear it, and so when I say this part, I need to defend it.) And well, the windows of course started to fog up. (It was colder outside and I had gone tanning earlier that day for the first time ever, and went all 20 minutes! WHO DOES THAT! I looked like a raccoon! That is why the windows were fogged, I was hot, and it was cold outside, nothing more) We were joking around as we always do, and he randomly asked me... "Can I kiss you!" It honestly melted my heart! I love that He ASKED too, he knew better then to just do it! So I sat there for a minute and then wrote "NO" on the window. So he carried on, changed the subject (I am sure we were talking about trucks) and a few minutes later asked me again, I wrote "NO" yet again. I think he started to beg at this point and after I had written "No" on the window for probably the 10th time, I finally wrote "Yes!" I must say, that was the best first kiss EVER!! I still get butterflies thinking about it. It was so perfect! I loved every minute of it. I am sure it lasted a few, and then it was over. But how perfect has every kiss been since then?!?.... Like I said, I am not one to tell these stories knowing that possibly my parents will read them, but I love this story and had to share. Its been 5 years... YES WE KISS!! LOL Sorry if its news to you! I know that night was also the first night we talked about the temple together. I will never forget the images from that amazing night, and I hope I never have to forget how great it feels to kiss the love of my life!


I love you Russ, and I hope I get to kiss you FOREVER!

(P.S. I do have one more story to tell, it's about the water fight IN Russ's house, more to come later)

No comments: