Our Little Monkey!

Our Little Monkey!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Sweet Pea!!

Our Sweet Pea!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 13, 2008

TWIDDLE

So I was sitting here about ready to "twiddle my thumbs" debating on what to do next, when I thought to myself... What on earth does "twiddle" mean? And who HONESTLY came up with that word. So I asked my good friend dictionary.reference. He so quickly told me it means.... "to turn about or play with lightly or idly, esp. with the fingers; twirl."
I don't think that quite answered my question. I get the whole turn around or play with lightly. But usually when I twiddle my thumbs, its not lightly. Its rapid and sometimes my thumbs collide causing a disruption in the "twirl", ending the turn about.
There are so many things that we "twiddle" a day that I did not even realize was a twiddle.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but when you hold a pen in the air and move it around, is that not considered twiddling if used in this reference?
I still cannot see who came up with the word, but I do see the origin, and it says "Twitch".
So now, when you twiddle your thumbs you are twitching! Nice, I have a really bad twitch!
In closing however, I am going to say... Be aware! Apparently "Twiddling your thumbs" can become addictive and will become a "twitch" you may not even realize you have!
All I can say is... GOOD DAY SIR... GOOD DAY!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Welcome to the blogging world my dear friend!!! How the heck are you??? I hope things are going well!!