Our Little Monkey!

Our Little Monkey!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Sweet Pea!!

Our Sweet Pea!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

8 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!

Today I'm saddened by the loss of THIS building!
(The Provo Tabernacle)

As I read on Facebook,
almost everyone is.

I wasn't going to write anything about it,
since everyone has.
BUT if I don't,
how would I remember it?
When I worked at Nu Skin,
I saw the Tabernacle ALL THE TIME!
It was basically a fixture in our work world!
I drove past it at LEAST once a day.
And never thought,
"How weird would it be if someday that building wasn't there?"
Its sad to think that could possibly be the outcome from this tragedy.

What makes me EVEN more sad?
In talking with Russ on the topic,
he said to me
"I just wish I could have gone inside before it burnt down..."
This coming from the Woodworkin man himself!
It WAS so beautiful.
The layout was amazing,
and the craftsmanship close to flawless.
I was shocked he had never been in it...
but then again, why would he have?
I had the privilege of being in the building several times!

I keep asking myself, should it be rebuilt?
Personally, I would love to see it standing again,
but would it be the same?
The new building WOULDN'T be over 100 years old.
The Pioneers WOULDN'T have done the construction.
The memories I have in it, AREN'T in the new standing building.
I would hope that they could make it identical,
but is that possible?
I'm as little torn, as you can see.
So sad...

Anywho,
That's what my day consisted of... mostly.

I did, however, have a FANTASTIC lunch with Lacee!
It was SUPER fun!
I miss my Lace Face!
(It was SOOO good to see you my dear!)

Then we went bowling tonight.
I lost, big time.
Roper beat me (he's 2),
and he has enjoyed rubbing it in...
Worst part,
I REALLY did try.
It wasn't like one of those races where you
purposely lose to make the kiddo feel good.
No, I got my trash HANDED to me.

So that was our night,
and now to ENJOY some fun pics!
Happy girl!
As usual!
And yes Karin, her cheeks are SO SQUISHY! :)
And I snack on them all the time!

LOVING THE OUTFIT!

Awe....
I LOVE THIS BEAUTY!!

I kiss on her ALL day!!
Such a LOVE!!

-On a side note-
I can't believe CHRISTMAS is in a WEEK!!!
Where has this year gone?

1 comment:

Karin said...

It really is so sad. The whole day I just kept imagining what the pioneers went through walking away from Nauvoo with the temple on fire. So heartbreaking and yet they did it with such faith. ---Have they heard yet why/how the fire started?

I think I might head in to the hospital this morning and see what's going on. Hopefully it turns out to be having a baby. I'm not in any pain though (wasn't with Sadie either)....but my mom is on the road so it could be the day. =) Love you!! I'll definitely call if I actually go in or if T comes.